Terms of Service
The website www.barescience.com is a platform for rating, reviewing and openly discussing published scientific work, that helps users collect, distribute and discuss information in order to increase transparency, quality and communication in science.
The platform is operated by the Bare-Science Association, a Swiss non-profit association with legal domicile in Zurich, Switzerland.
The following terms and conditions apply for using the www.barescience.com platform:
No commercial use
All commercial use of the website and the information contained therein is forbidden.
By opening an account and by visiting the platform, users agree that:
- They may only open one account as individuals and in doing so are obliged to provide accurate, truthful information about their identity.
- The Bare-Science Association has neither indorsed nor reviewed the contents posted on the platform and is in no way whatsoever responsible for any content. Contributors are entirely responsible for their contents. The Bare-Science Association does not and cannot assure that any information is accurate, reliable or complete.
- The Bare-Science Association may at any time and in its sole discretion without warning close any user account and is not held to discuss any such decision.
- The Bare-Science Association, its directors, officers, employees, members and any other providers of services are in no case liable under any legal theory to them for any damages resulting out of any contents posted on the platform or resulting out of any other aspect related to the operation of this platform.
- The Bare-Science Association reserves the right to limit access to any and all information on the platform without warning.
- They will as only and exclusive remedy to content that they deem in violation of any applicable law or personal rights use the Notification Procedure as described below.
Strictly No Endorsement
The Bare-Science Association does not endorse any views expressed by contributors. Contributors are entirely responsible for the contents they post.
Contributors agree by making content available that
- They will not violate the personality, the publicity rights or the privacy of any third party, e.g. by writing defamatory or false reviews.
- Not infringe on intellectual property rights of any third party.
- They grant the Bare-Science Association a world-wide, royalty-free and perpetual license to publish the content on the platform.
- The Bare-Science Association has the right to refuse to post and to remove any content that in its view violates these Terms of Service or is in any other way considered objectionable or harmful or unsuitable. The Bare-Science Association decides in its sole discretion and is not held to discuss any such decision.
- Their content will continue to be visible on the platform even after they have discontinued the use of their account.
The Platform allows users to visit and to post content under a pseudonym. This does not mean that the users are anonymous. The registration requires users to submit identification and the use of the website may lead to the collection and storage of data such as an IP address.
The Bare-Science Association may be obliged to respond to official enquiries or private enquiries in connection with the assertion of claims or other legal disputes that concern the Bare-Science Association, its directors, officers, members, employees or any other person providing services to the association. In responding to such enquiries, the Bare-Science Association may be obliged to disclose the identity or any contact information the user has provided with the registration.
The Bare-Science Association, its directors, officers, employees, members and any other providers of services are under no circumstances and under no legal theory liable (including cases of negligence) for loss or damage, including direct and indirect consequential damage, which may have resulted from access to, or any kind of use of information and from opinions published on the platform, even if the Bare-Science Association or any of its directors, officers, employees, members and any other providers of services have been made aware of the possibility of such damages.
Users agree that before taking any legal action against the Bare-Science Association, its directors, officers, members, employees or any other person providing services to the association, they will give 60 days’ prior written notice at the domicile of the party concerned (the Bare-Science Association, a director, officer, employee, member or any other provider of services) stating the claim and providing any information needed to respond to such claim.
Place of jurisdiction
The exclusive place of jurisdiction for claims made against the Bare-Science Association, its directors, officers, members, employees or any other person providing service to the association is Zurich, Switzerland.
The usage of this website is subject to the internal laws of Switzerland.