In processing its users’ personal data, the Bare-Science Association, Zurich (Switzerland) complies with this data privacy statement and all applicable statutory provisions, in specific the Swiss Data Protection Act (Schweizerisches Datenschutzgesetz, DSG).
Data collected and stored
- User data transmitted or generated automatically (e.g. date and time a service was used, previous and current page called up, IP address, data relating to the browser used, device code, current location, if such information is released, etc.) as well as interaction data;
- Correspondence and other communications with users (e.g. e-mails, telephone conversations that may also be recorded where necessary).
- Cookies involving the assignment of a code to the website user’s browser which the browser then saves and shows on request. If temporary cookies (so-called session cookies) are disabled, use of the website may be impaired. Where users accept cookies (or do not use their browser’s blocking capacities), the Bare-Science Association assumes that their use is approved by the user.
- Such data may be linked, possibly over several visits and communications, if a user or a user profile is recognised, for example via a user name, an e-mail address, a device code or cookies saved in the browser.
To some extent, the platform uses elements and services by third parties supplying user statistics that serve to display advertising or give users access to social networks or other third party services. As a consequence, such third parties may, to a certain extent, also collect personal data relating to users, if they recognise them, for example, due to their own cookies or logins.
The Bare-Science Association may use the user data collected for the following purposes:
- provision of the services offered;
- preparation of various types of statistics relating, for example, to the amount of interest shown by users in the content and information provided on the platform;
- maintenance and development of relationships to users (e.g. newsletter);
- guaranteeing the safety and availability of the systems and data and those of its service providers;
- prevention, discovery and combating any misuse;
- responding to justified official enquiries or enquiries in connection with the assertion of claims or other legal disputes that concern the Bare-Science Association, its directors, officers, members, employees or any other person providing services to the association.
The Bare-Science Association does not pass on any personal data to third parties as a matter of principle. However, the Bare-Science Association may use third parties to provide the services, such as hosting the platform. Also, the Bare-Science Association may be obliged to respond to official enquiries or enquiries in connection with the assertion of claims or other legal disputes that concern the Bare-Science Association, its directors, officers, members, employees or any other person providing services to the association. In responding to such enquiries, the Bare-Science Association may be obliged to disclose the identity or any contact information the user has provided with the registration.
Location of Data Storage
All data are collected in Switzerland and stored in Germany and the USA. Transmission of user data to third parties may also involve transferring data to countries outside Switzerland, in particular in cases whereby social networks or third party services are used via the services provided.
In the context of storing and otherwise processing user data, the Bare-Science Association shall implement technical and organisational measures as it deems fit to prevent unauthorised and otherwise unwarranted processing. But no data transmission over the internet is secure and no IT-system is impenetrable. By creating an account and using the platform, users assume all risks to their personal data arising out of penetration of the IT-systems and theft, loss, disclosure or abuse of personal data.
Closing of user account
The closing of a user account does not lead to the user’s personal data being deleted. The user may ask for the deletion of personal data as mandatory Swiss Data Protection laws allow him.
Newsletter, commercial communication
In connection with the services offered, the Bare-Science Association may from time to time send newsletters or other contents (also of a commercial nature) to the address, number or app of any users that have registered their e-mail address or any other electronic address or mobile phone number. With their registration or installation of an app, users agree to receive such newsletters and contents. They may, however, notify at any time and free of charge that they no longer wish to receive, or be notified of, the above (further information will be provided at the end of the respective notification).
Questions and suggestions, requests for information, correction or deletion
The Bare-Science Association welcomes all questions, suggestions and comments (critical and otherwise) concerning the subject of personal data processing or any personal data available or stored on the platform.
Users are welcome to contact the association at the following address:
Bare-Science Association, Zurich, Switzerland. Mail: email@example.com
All requests must include sufficient identification of the sender. The association may request further proof of identification before responding to any request.
Users agree that before taking any legal action against the Bare-Science Association, its directors, officers, members, employees or any other person providing services to the association, they will give 60 days’ prior written notice at the domicile of the party concerned (the Bare-Science Association, a director, officer, employee, member or any other provider of services) stating the claim and providing any information needed to respond to such claim.
Place of jurisdiction
The exclusive place of jurisdiction for claims made against the Bare-Science Association, its directors, officers, members, employees or any other person providing service to the association is Zurich, Switzerland.
The usage of this website is subject to the internal laws of Switzerland.